Over a foot and a half of snow fell in Mevaseret Zion triggering electrical outages, road closings and trees breaking!
From Thursday night, Dec. 19 to Friday night, Dec. 20 – we had no electricity and then on Sat. night the electrical post in front of our house caught fire resulting in no electricity for all of Rechov Kramim (our road) for nearly 24 hours!
1. Taking in Orthodox family of 7 for 5 hours while their car was stuck on the only road leading to Jerusalem. Kids fighting. Yehuda, the Dad, (driving with kids to see the historic snowfall and getting stuck in a snowbank) and wife, Mazal, using Ruth’s Kohl’s jacket to keep warm! Yehuda wore my socks and his wife slept in Ben’s bed for a long nap after being up all night.
2. Ben and Daddy rescue a man whose car was stuck in front of the house. Ben and Daddy shovel his car out of the mess.
3. Daddy calls Yoram Shimon, the Mayor of Mevaseret Zion, to expedite repairing the electrical outage!
4. Famous Eglash talent show in evening with no electricity: Ben plays guitar, Gefen is the MC and Ela performs her great dance routine.
5. Shabbat dinner in candlelight and then an hour later electricity comes on and we all applaud!
6. Eating noodles in candlelight.
7. Kids fighting.
8. Kylie [family dog] enjoying the snow.
9. Catelina [Kylie's cat pal] taking refuge in the house.
10. Washing machine kept on going off as electricity continued on and off.
11. Wearing “ziplok” bags over shoes for protection from snow!